Labels

Thursday 5 May 2011

Who would be the audience for your media product?

I orginally decided that the target audience would be teenagers. This is because I found out in my initial research that teenagers like to watch films where the character is of a similar age so they can try and relate to him. The main character in my film, Niall Fletcher, is 17 years of age so I was targetting this film at a similar age.

Also, reserach shows that 16-30 year olds are the most frequent cinema goers. Because of this, I wanted to aim the film at people within this age bracket to make sure I took advantage of the fact that they go to the cinema most often.

As well as teenagers being the target audeince for my product, I also aimed the film towards couples. This is because couples is a lucrative market in the cinema industry. At the start of the film, Niall is depressed about his long term relationship with his girlfriend coming to an end. The element of romace in the film will appeal to couples and younger teenage girls looking for love!























I also wanted this film to be an inspiration to teenagers, or anyone who just wants an escape from their everday life. This film shows people that there's nothing stopping people from going out into the real world and acheiving something new. Teenagers are constantly trying to understand who they are and what they desire to do and achieve. This is something that is reflected in the film (the idea that Niall can run away from home and start a life of his own, on his own).

No comments:

Post a Comment